Smile Identity Inc, (hereinafter referred to as “Smile,” “us,” “our,” or “we”) is the leading provider of digital KYC and Identity Verification services in Africa (the “Services”). As part of Smile’s mission, we launched the Smile For Success Program (the “Program”) that will enable innovative African startups (hereinafter referred to as “You”, “your”) to participate in a support program to discover and integrate products with Smile in order to provide the Services.
Participation in the Program is governed by these terms and conditions (these “Terms”). The Terms are an agreement between you and Smile (or its affiliates). Your participation in the Program constitutes acceptance of these Terms and you agree to abide by these Terms. You acknowledge that you have been given an appropriate opportunity to review and that you understand and accept these Terms. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Eligibility for the Program
To participate in the Program, you must:
- Be an early-stage startup that has developed a product or service to solve problems in any fintech sector across Africa primarily.
- Have launched a product in the African market with active customers.
- Have a dedicated team.
- Have raised less than $1m in funding.
Smile will have the sole discretion to decide which companies will participate in the Program.
Conditions of the Program
- You will be required to complete your KYB through our onboarding portal and execute necessary agreements (including but not limited to SaaS and data processing agreements) to enable you to integrate with Smile and access the Services.
- Subject to these Terms, you will receive up to USD$10,000 in free usage credits (the “Program Credits”) applied to your Smile wallet to use on provision of the Services. In order to activate the Program Credits, you will be required to pre-fund your Smile wallet with USD$ 500.
- The Program Credits will be valid for a limited time of 6 months only and cannot be redeemed after the expiration date. For avoidance of doubt, the Program Credits are not transferable or refundable. Further, no encumbrance, substitution or cash redemption is permitted.
- Your Program Credits will be applied to offset eligible fees and charges incurred during the entire billing cycle in which it expires. Failure to redeem Program Credits before its expiration date will result in its forfeiture. No refunds will be granted for any expired or canceled Program Credits.
- Any amount in excess of the Program Credit will be charged to your Smile wallet on fees agreed with Smile and applicable at the time of billing.
- We reserve the right to cancel Program Credits at any time. Your Program Credits will be void in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of these Terms, or the terms of any agreement pursuant to which you entered following the Program. In addition to any other legal relief available to us, you will reimburse us for the amount of any Program Credits you use in violation of these Terms.
- You may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. You agree that you will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise.
- The Services and any features and functionality are owned by Smile. You agree to not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, or re-publish any of our copyrighted material, except to the extent permitted by the Services itself or as otherwise explicitly granted by Smile in writing.
- During the course of the Program, we may develop or produce, or collaboratively develop or produce content to enable the delivery of the Services to you. This may include, without limitation, electronic documents, concepts, designs, processes, techniques, written procedures, writing, research and software (the “Content”). Such Content remains the intellectual property of Smile, and you are granted a worldwide, royalty-free, non transferable license to use that Content for the purposes of operating your business during the Program.
- Smile, its directors and employees, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of the Program including the Program Credits nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any 3rd party other than for the information provided on the [www.smileidentity.com/smile-for-success/].
- By accepting to participate in the Program, you represent and warrant that your receipt and use of Program Credits is not prohibited or inconsistent with any applicable laws, regulations, or binding orders (including applicable ethics or procurement rules) and will not create a conflict of interest for Smile.
- You may not issue any press release or make any other public disclosure regarding the Program without our prior written consent. In addition, you agree not to misrepresent or embellish the relationship between us and you. For example, you agree not to imply that we support, sponsor, or endorse you unless you have our prior written permission to do so.
- You agree to maintain in strict confidence any data or information relating to the Smile Services that you discover, derive, develop, or otherwise learn about through your use of the Smile Services. This includes, but is not limited to, data or information relating to the Services security and any suggested improvements to the Services.
- We may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the [Program Website] or by sending you an email using the email address provided in your application for the Program. The modified Terms will become effective upon posting or, if we notify you by email, as stated in the email message. We last modified these Terms on the date listed at the top of this page.
- These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the applicable laws of your jurisdiction.